The objective of Hope Valley College Parents Teacher & Friends Association(PTFA) is to advance the education of pupils in the College by engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment that support the College.
The PTFA raise in the region of £10,000 each year to support the education of children at the College. This amazing achievement is thanks to volunteers who give their time to support the following fundraising activities, each is successful in raising funds from a wide range of people who come to the Hope Valley to enjoy its location:
- Hope Valley Mountain Bike Challenge (September)
- Hope Valley Adventure Film Festival (February)
- Water Aid Mountain Walk Challenge (July)
- Car Boot Sales on alternate Sunday from April – October
We always need volunteers to give just a couple of hours of their time to help, marshal an event or help serve food to hungry customers.
PTFA funds have helped to support a wide range of new equipment and opportunities for students including:
- Our climbing wall and climbing equipment
- Mountain Bike hut, bikes and coaching
- Musical instruments (including a new acoustic piano) and recording equipment
- New TV screens for PE, library and around College
- PE bibs, athletics equipment and trophies
- Work experience for all Year 10 students that want it
- Kiln maintenance and repairs
- 3D printer for technology workshops
- New state-of-the-art lighting rigs for drama stage
Under the current financial climate in schools, we cannot continue to fund the best equipment, facilities and support for children without the PTFA.
Please get in touch via the College main reception.