Our facilities are wide and varied. We are sure we have something that will meet your needs. Contact our main reception to discuss what you need, availability, charges and letting agreements.
- Large playing field: More than 2 football pitches in size, our pitches are marked up for rugby and football in the autumn and winter and athletics in the summer.
- Multi-Use-Games-Area (MUGA): ideal for hockey, 5-aside football, netball, tennis and most other games playable on a hard tarmac surface.
- Tennis courts: a dedicated area for tennis.
- Gym: ideal for indoor ball games including basketball, 5-aside, badminton, gymnastics.
- Climbing and bouldering wall: our gym is fully equipped with a climbing and bouldering wall for trained rock climbing instructors and users to use.
- Weights room: a fully equipped and compact weights and aerobic room, fitted with spin cycle, rowing machine and various weights machines.
- We have male and female changing rooms complete with toilets and showers.
- Our main hall can accommodate sports that do not pose a risk to our light rigs including table tennis, gymnastics, yoga, Zumba, Pilates etc.
Performance areas, meeting space and dining
- Main hall and stage: our stage is equipped with the latest sound, lighting and projection equipment. It is ideal for large public meetings. Seating is for up to 400 seats theatre style, and less if alternative seating and table arrangements are requested. For theatre and musical performances, we also have additional staging to create a range of alternative layouts.
- Dining room and kitchen: our newly refurbished kitchen and dining room can seat 100 people canteen style or fewer with an alternative layout. As well as being equipped with mass-catering ovens and a servery, which must be used only by HVC staff or approved catering staff, we also have a coin operated hot drinks machine serving a range of coffees, tea and hot chocolate.
- Classrooms with full disabled access: All our classrooms are complete with a projector and electronic whiteboard if required. They can accommodate small meetings or activities. A wide range of table and chair arrangements c to meet your needs can be requested and arranged.
- Henry Morris meeting room: A self-contained room with board-room style table, en-suite toilet, computers and whiteboard is available. As well as being available during the evening, it is also available during the day because it is self-contained from the main school.
Practical learning areas
- Woodwork and metalwork workshops: Available under supervision of a trained teacher or technician, these areas are available for wood turning, wooden project making and all kinds of metallurgy.
- Cookery/food room: Available under supervision of a trained teacher or technician, this area is equipped with a range of gas hobs, ovens and chef equipment, for those wanting to learn new baking, cooking or chef skills.
- Art room and kiln: Available under supervision of a trained teacher or technician, this area is equipped with large art tables, sinks and equipment for painting, 2 pottery wheels and a large, recently restored kiln.